Romanian authorities on Saturday stepped up security measures around Bucharest's National Arena ahead of a concert by Belarusian rapper Max Korzh, while the Romanian Gendarmerie warned of an online disinformation campaign using unrelated images falsely linked to the event.

According to the Romanian Gendarmerie, images and posts circulating online and allegedly connected to the Max Korzh concert in Bucharest are in fact footage from a football match in France, presented in a false context 'to create confusion or panic.'

The Gendarmerie urged people to carefully verify the source of information before sharing it on social media.

'Distributing unverified materials contributes to the spread of disinformation and can amplify unnecessary tensions in the public space. Get your information only from official sources,' the institution said.

At the same time, authorities deployed reinforced security measures around the National Arena, where more than 42,000 people from over 50 countries are expected to attend the concert.

Romanian Gendarmerie spokesperson Ana Maria Burchi said integrated public order measures had been put in place by Ministry of Internal Affairs structures to ensure the safety of participants.

'The specific nature of this event lies in its international character, with participants from more than 50 countries. The Gendarmerie and Police have organised preventive actions in recent days in the most important areas of the capital. Informational materials containing recommendations in several languages have been posted on institutional channels,' Ana Maria Burchi explained.

Mounted gendarmerie intervention units, dogs trained to detect explosives and prohibited substances, drones and a helicopter for aerial surveillance were deployed around the stadium.

Technical equipment for the identification and scanning of biometric data was also installed at access control points. AGERPRES (RO - writing by: Eusebi Manolache; EN - writing by: Simona Iacob)

Display count: 183